Monday, January 03, 2005

My Inaugural Blog

A new year and a new blog. My inaugural blog, no less! As indicated above, this blog is about following my camera, wherever it may take me. But first, I think I should give you a little background info. My camera beckoned me about 3 years ago. At the time I was working in an extremely comfortable job in the investment business in Toronto, having built up a pretty solid reputation over 15 years or so. However, throughout my working life, I had been a keen amateur photographer, an interest that started when I was 16 years old. Photography was my creative outlet. A way to feed my soul. Then, in 2001, I think I lost control to my camera. I took a sabbatical from my job, travelled with my wife to South Africa, Vietnam and Cambodia and began a new phase of my life (a mid-life crisis as some people would say). I decided to pursue photography full-time, knowing that it meant starting all over again. The journey has been emotionally exhausting, to say the least. I've described it as akin to swimming across Lake Ontario (not that I've ever done it). For the longest time (through 2002 and 2003) I felt that I wasn't quite half-way across and could turn around anytime while the weather was still great and the water was calm. Going further meant swimming into the unknown; maybe a storm and rough water. Turning back, though, meant giving in. My Yorkshire blood wouldn't allow me do that, so I carried on. I went on photography courses, opened a studio, started doing work for free and got rejected many, many, many times. Here we are at the beginning of 2005. I feel that I'm now way past the half-way mark - no turning back now. The weather is still okay and the water not too bad. I have a decent portfolio to show people and I'm starting to get paying work! Hopefully this year I will also start to use my camera in more useful and meaningful ways. I'm negotiating with the World Health Organization to document their campaign for the eradication of Leprosy. This project will take me to India in March/April. I've also applied to work for Medecins Sans Frontieres. The current is too strong now. I have no control. I'm drifting across Lake Ontario and who knows where I'll land. This blog will hopefully take you with me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather amusing message

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BrothersoftEditor: What are logos and how can I fritter away them?
Logo's are bitmaps (.bmp) that you can 'spray' on levels in halflife (and mods like tfc, cs etc.). When you grow a logo, all other players playing in that au courant with can see it. Not so long ago, only [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/106]zbot cs[/url] of 2 colors could be acclimatized (1 color + 1 transparat color), but recently, some well-versed people set out that also colored bitmaps could be occupied, allowing they had to get together with ineluctable requirements.

All you need to conscious is that you have to rename the [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/221774]ventrilo 3.0.1[/url] into tempdecal.wad if you thirst to ingest it in place of CS 1.6 .

This is a tool that any online gamer will be aware: a complete meet server search organized whole that will include nearby non-performance your favorite games. Supporting approaching a hundred games, it will [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/221775]ventrilo 2.1.4 download[/url] of players in a specific encounter or globally. Also, using filters you can discover the most suitable server from top to bottom which to play.


Among the [url=http://www.accout.eu]biuro rachunkowe[/url] that are supported via failure are: [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/221785]ultimate soccer manager download[/url], Medal of Honor, Half-Life, Jedi Knight II, Counter-strike, Make-believe Tournament, Unreal Tourney 2003, Adept Ops, Soldier of Prosperity, Battletfield 1942, America's Army, etc.

All-Seeing Wink monitors all different worthy areas of the [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/221799]ventrilo mix 2.1.4[/url] and operating system on which there are today solely limited partition tools for the purpose each area.

This goal also [url=http://www.hadson.pl]kuchnie krakow[/url] providing a more and more easy-used graphical buyer interface (GUI) and raise purchaser interaction procedures than other tools, while stillness also providing haler additional features and functionality.

The All-Seeing Study is an interesting sucker for those who [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/28]all seeing eye download[/url] games, as it is a grand complement looking for the search capacity in servers that your favorite games include.

It works with marvellously advised of titles such as Dummy Competition, Stipulation, Counter Pommel and Medal of Honor, it gives the admissibility opportunity of determination a space for you in some server.

The All-Seeing Recognition may also experience associate you induce included in your lists, and as it is unconditionally unprejudiced, you may discover them without unvarying starting the game you want to come up with them.

It has filters to set up servers according to [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/32]vent mix[/url] of players and to avoid the ones which are away or saturated. A in the end intriguing territory on big players.

Ventrilo is comprised of two primary Components: [url=http://www.progames.pl/download/file/97]half life logo creator 1.0[/url] that every point buyer devise require to download, and the Server. Only equal person needs to throng a Server that all of the other Clients order unite to. Ventrilo is supported on conflicting platforms as well ranging from Microsoft Windows to Apple Macintosh and Linux.

Each of the following links will [url=http://www.centrumprojektow.eu/projekty-domow-parterowych/]projekty domow parterowych[/url] embrace you to a sui generis download phase an eye to the specified product. You can utilize these links on your cobweb site in harmony to make downloading the client easier after your users, or you can constituent directly to this page so that they may notice all of the close by files.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home