Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's Been Awhile

It's almost a month since I last updated this blog. A month of criss-crossing the country taking pictures for Loblaws. I really like the work and I'm doing what I like doing. Now the nice weather has arrived, I'm cycling down to my studio again. I've also been updating my research on leprosy and have all the names and contacts for treatment centres in the U.S. Last week I contacted a treatment centre in New York City. I was shocked to hear that the clinic had 400 leprosy patients and was told that leprosy has far from been eliminated in the U.S. Photographing these centres will be difficult because of the legal & privacy issues associated with doing this kind of work in the U.S. It's certainly not like India where I was allowed to take photos of people without having to get a release form signed. Anyway, I'll continue to pursue this line of research because it's a tremendously interesting story. I've also read that leprosy may be spreading through the HIV/AIDS communities in the U.S. but cannot confirm this. Lots to do! Next week I'll be going back to Halifax with Loblaws then onto to Calgary and Montreal before returning for a week of shooting in Toronto. After that I have a small one day assignment with Visa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home