Sunday, January 09, 2005

Thoughts From a Novice Yogi

I've been practicing yoga for about 3 years now (I'm on the 50-year plan!). Obviously, there are all kinds of symbolic things to be aware of. For example, like life, postures are not always comfortable and sometimes painful. By being aware of this fact, the postures seem to become less painful over time. One thought that has become my resolution for 2005 is to acknowledge my own personal space. The space that my mat consumes in a yoga studio symbolizes how we are all together but separate. In both the yoga studio and in life, instead of getting annoyed at the people around me for having different behaviors and attitudes, I'm going to try and concentrate on my own space. I can be present in the same space as other people, but still have enough room for my own mat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home