Wednesday, January 04, 2006

There Is Hope!

A friend's son asked me to make a presentation at his high school
about my trip to India. It was a grade 11 world politics class and so
I biased the conversation & debate toward international aid and the
roles of the UN, IMF and the World Bank. I used my trip to India to
illustrate one of the more successful programs administered by the UN
(WHO). I was so impressed with the intelligence and awareness of
these kids. Considering that my generation (the baby boomers) are
responsible for much of the mess we see in the world today, the onus
is on these younger kids to attempt to put things right. A huge
responsibility! I'm sure I was pretty ignorant when I was 16 and
certainly didn't know (or even want to know) anything about world
politics. But these kids understood and were able to debate the
central issues around poverty and health. They were also very attuned
to how fortunate they are and the need to share and maybe even change their lifestyles a little.

On a different note, check out my new website at www.johnhasyn.com. I'm now totally in control of the design and content and I'm very happy with it. Thank you Lena Ho of Allina Creative Designs for all the great work you did on my previous site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zionita said...

G-ZUS LOVES YOUTH!!

REMEMBER G-ZUS LOVES YOU

For groovy music, check out: Musica Obscura

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home