Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Inuk Kid


Inuk Kid
Originally uploaded by John Hasyn Photography.

It doesn't seem like almost 9 months since I last updated my blog. How time flies. It's fitting though that my last post was about Nunavut because I just spent the last couple of weeks in Baker Lake, Nunavut attending the 2007 National Elder & Youth Summit. You see, since I went up there last summer I've been doing some projects for a charity called the Embrace Life Council: taking photographs and producing a brochure to send around schools and communities. Anyway, the summit was a great place to take more pictures of youth and also include elders. This time, however, I interviewed my subjects about some of the issues the Inuit face in Northern Canada. Still going through the edit, but I hope to produce a podcast to support this ongoing project. If you want to see more pictures of Nunavut and the summit you can see them on my site at www.johnhasyn.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home